RENTAL REQUIRMENTS AND DISCLOSURE
*All adult applicants (18 or older) will be charged a $65.00 application fee.
*THE APPLICATION FEE OF $65.00 PER ADULT IS NON-REFUNDABLE
- Each adult over 18 is required to complete a separate application. As stated, the application fee is non-refundable so it will be in your best interest to confirm that your rental requirements are not outside of our tenant criteria such as multiple roommates, non-COVID-19 related eviction history, foreclosures, bankruptcies, job loss, minimum income, low credit scores (below 650), unusual pets, large pets, multiple pets, multiple families, or information obtained from previous landlords.
*Offering less than list price for the home will cause your application to be delayed or declined*
We do not prescreen applications. Applicants are required to prescreen themselves with the following criteria and need to meet the requirements below. We encourage you to apply if you meet the following criteria.
WHEN THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS COMPLETED, WE WILL PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION AND CHARGE THE $75 APPLICATION FEE.
This application, background information, credit scores, rental history, criminal history, and employment verification will be viewed by PURE Property Management employees, and possibly the Property Owner.
***Multiple Applications Will Be Considered in Choosing an Applicant***
Lease Criteria - Before you apply for a home, read the following information concerning the approval process. If you have any questions, contact our office during normal business hours Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Standard time or email the questions to email@example.com
Application Processing and Screening Criteria - PURE Property Management is committed to equal housing, and we fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA), State and Local Laws. We do not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or source of income.
We provide application forms to everyone who request one. Every occupant over the age of 18 must complete the application and pay the $65.00 application fee. APPROVAL is based on EIGHT factors:
|A.||Credit History||E.||Criminal Background Check|
|B.||Employment Verification and History||F.||Terrorist Database|
|C.||Income Verification||G.||Animal Criteria|
|D.||Residence Verification and History||H.||Best Qualified if multiple applicants apply|
Identification - Each applicant is required to provide a copy of a legible government issued photo identification card such as a driver’s license, passport or State issued identification card. A photo of the front and back of your identification card can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org In addition to the photo identification card, one other form or identification is required such as a social security card or birth certificate. Identification is requested for the sole purpose of verification of identity and prevention of identity theft.
- Credit History - We will obtain a copy of your credit report and tenant credit score from TransUnion. You cannot provide this to us, we will obtain it ourselves. Credit history should show that the prospective tenant pays bills on time and does not have a history of debt “write-offs” or accounts that have gone into collection. Money owed to previous landlords or utility companies is cause for denial.
- Employment Verification and History - We prefer verifiable employment history for the past two (2) years. You should be a permanent employee (not temporary or probationary). If you are self-employed, retired or not employed, we can accept such documents as signed tax returns (2 years minimum), banks statements, etc. that provide proof that applicant can pay the rent. If you are military, a current copy of your Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) is acceptable. If you are Active-Duty military, you must be on an assignment that, to the best of your knowledge, will allow you to complete an initial 12-month lease. COVID-19 crisis related job loss will not be considered negatively and if proof exists and can be provided that the rent can be paid the application processing will continue.
- Income Verification - Take home income should be at least three (3) times the monthly rent and verifiable from an unbiased source such as: employer through pay stubs, tax returns, and/or bank statements. Self-employed income may be verified by a CPA-prepared financial statement or tax returns. Your employment history should reflect at least 6 months with your current employer. Transfers or relocations must have correspondence showing and accepted job offer. Any verification fee required by the employer must be paid by the applicant. Applicants who do not meet the above employment or income requirements must submit Savings Account statements or equivalent showing a minimum average balance equal to eight (8) months of rent, for the last 6 months.
- Residence Verification and History - We require verifiable residence history for at least the last three (3) years whether you currently own or rent. Applicants are responsible for providing information including names, addresses, phone numbers of Landlords with dates of tenancy for the previous 3-5 years. Rental history must be verified from unbiased sources. Home ownership will be verified from a current credit report. We can accept base housing as rental history and military members stationed overseas and live on the local economy can provide a copy of their orders that transferred them to the area. Any evictions in the last 7 years will be automatically denied. Broken leases may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if acceptable may require additional security deposit.
- Criminal, Sex Offense and Terrorist Database - We will check these databases for all applicants and prospective tenants over the age of 18. We do not rent to any person required to register as a sex offender. Criminal backgrounds involving violent crimes, sex offenses, domestic violence and / or crimes involving distribution of weapons or illegals substance are all grounds for denial of the application. Other criminal records not mentioned above will be considered on a case-by-case basis and exceptions may be made for the type of offense and the age of the offense. Please provide the details to the Property Manager.
- Terrorist Database - Each applicant will be considered on a case-by-case basis and exceptions may be made for the type of offense and the age of the offense. Please provide the details to the Property Manager.
- Animal Criteria - Animal approval policies vary from one homeowner to another. Some owners do not permit animals (other than service animals) on the property, while other restrict type and/or size of allowable animals. No more than two animals are permitted without specific owner approval and no more than three animals are permitted without approval from the local government. On a case-by-case bases, PURE Property Management may allow for Restricted Breed dogs that are all or any portion of mixed with the following breeds:
|Bull Terrier||German Shepherd||Great Dane||Bullmastiff|
|Husky / Siberian Husky||Chow||Pres Canario||Pit Bull|
|Staffordshire Terrier||Wolf Type Dog||Shiba Inu||Combination of any|
Approval of any dog requires renter’s liability insurance that covers your dog.
- Best qualified if multiple applicants apply - In the event of multiple applicants for the same property, we will approve the applicant the best qualified applicant. Selection of the best qualified applicant will be based on lease signing date, length of lease requested, etc. For example, two applicants apply, and both are acceptable, the applicant that can post the deposit, lease and move in and occupy the home first will be chosen. If both applicants can move in and occupy on the same date, then the applicants will be asked to make an offer, and the best offer will be chosen.
Lease term will be a minimum of 12 months.
Six (6) Month Lease Agreement Option = Rent + 20%
If the applicant requests a 6-Month initial lease agreement, PURE Property Management Charges an additional 20% of the advertised rental rate.
When advertised rent is $1500 per month and 6-month lease is requested, the new rate would increase the rent by $300 per month.
Security Deposit Required based on TransUnion (ResidentScore)
The amount of the security deposit required is based upon calculated risks. The lower the score the higher the risk is. The standard security deposit is one month’s rent plus $750. In order to qualify for the standard security deposit, the TransUnion (ResidentScore) must be 725 or higher. TransUnion ResidentScore(s) will be combined and averaged (adding all the scores and then dividing by number of applicants) when determining the amount of the security deposit required.
Applicant 1 score = 692
Applicant 2 score = 781
(Applicant 1 + Applicant 2) = Combined Score. 692+781 = 1473
(Combined score / Number of Applicants) is Average TransUnion (ResidentScore). 1473 / 2 = 736.50
The combined TransUnion (ResidentScore) is greater than 725, so the standard security deposit of one month’s rent plus $750 would apply
Applicant 1 score = 678
Applicant 2 score = 567
(Applicant 1 + Applicant 2) = Combined Score. 678+710 = 1388
(Combined score / Number of Applicants) is Average TransUnion (ResidentScore). 1388 / 2 = 694
The combined TransUnion (ResidentScore) is less than 700, so the security deposit would be determined from the following table.
Security Deposit Table
|TransUnion Credit Score||Deposit Required|
|725 and above||One month’s rent + $750|
|700 to 724||One month’s rent + $1000|
|675 to 699||One month’s rent + $1250|
|650 to 674||Two month’s rent|
|649 and below||Not approved|
Disabled Accessibility - Any reasonable accommodation must be submitted in writing to PURE Property Management We must obtain Owner approval for any modification to the premises. All modifications must be done by a licensed contractor and at the expense of the tenant. The tenant must agree to restore the premises to the pre-modified condition at their own expense (provided the modification would not affect the use and enjoyment of the premises for future tenants). We required written proposal detailing the extent of the work to be done, approval of the Landlord before modifications are made, appropriate building permits and possibly a restoration deposit as per Fair Housing Guidelines.
School Boundaries and Zoning - School enrollment and zoning should be investigated prior to submitting your application and can be checked online at http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/ Because of expansive growth across the valley school zoning is subject to change. We highly recommend you contact the school district about any concerns.
*** It is duty of the applicant to verify school zoning ***
Reasons for denial of applications -
- Failing to give proper notice when vacating your current property
- If any previous landlord would be unwilling to rent to you again for any reason pertaining to your behavior or that of any family member, guest (welcome or not), or any animal on the property during your tenancy.
Reports of 3 or more late rent payments in the last 12 month.
- If you have an unpaid collection filed against you by a Property Management Company.
- If you have an unlawful detainer (eviction) in the last 7 years that occurred prior to COVID-19 crisis
- If you have recently received a 5-day nuisance notice to vacate.
- If you have less than a 650 combined TransUnion (ResidentScore).
- If you have had two (2) or more NSF checks or ACH transfer returned in the last 2 months.
- If you have allowed any persons not named of your lease to reside in the premises without Landlord approval.
- If we are unable to verify your information as your correct identity.
- If you run a business from the home without approval from the Landlord or Property Manager
- Any violation of the terms of service during the application process.
- Any requests for re-wording of lease or paragraph removal from PURE Property Management lease agreement.
Application Approval - All approved applicants will receive notification and further instruction by email. In addition, you will be required to bring the security deposit to our office by the end of the next business day after approval in certified funds and will be required to sign our deposit agreement.
Start of Lease and Possession - Unless other arrangements are made, we expect you to sign a lease and take possession of the property within 5 business days of approval. This means that you will transfer the water, power and gas into your name so that on the day your lease starts you will have water, power and gas at the premises.
Move-In Orientation and Walk Through Inspection - All new tenants will pay a one-time lease preparation and orientation fee of $99. This fee will be collected at the same time as you post your deposit. On the selected move-in date and before your furniture arrives, we will do a walk-through of the property with you and show you where important items are such as the water shut-off, landscape irrigation clock, AC Filter procedure and will also ensure that the condition of the property is documented with video and photos. Any items that need attention will be documented and if necessary, work requests will be submitted at that time. If scheduling permits, our locksmith will show up and re-key the locks during this walk-through period.
The following is a list of items covered during orientation:
- Operation of door guardian and precautions against locking yourself out of home.
- Un-clogging the garbage disposal.
- Understanding the GFCI and what to do if the outlet in the bathrooms don’t work.
- The AC filters and what is expected from you.
- The clothes dryer and preventing dryer fires.
- The landscape irrigation clock
- Trash collection and proper storage of the trash containers
- Operating the pool if the home is so equipped.
What Every Applicant Needs to Know:
- PURE Property Management conducts periodic inspection of the home you will live in if you're selected and lease from us. We take pictures and / or videos of the interior and exterior of the home during the inspection. This information is kept on record and shared with the property owner upon request. If this periodic inspection procedure is going to cause you a problem, we recommend you stop now and do not apply for one of the homes we manage.
- PURE Property Management is a zero-tolerance company regarding rent collection. Rent is due on the 1st of each month and late thereafter. Late fees are 5% of the monthly rent charge and if the rent is not paid, a 7-day notice to pay or quit will be served by the Sheriff, Constable or Licensed Process Server.
- Tenants who are chronically late (more that 3 times in a 12-month period will not be offered the opportunity to renew their lease.
Upon completion of your application, you will be notified in writing of your Approval / Denial / or Offer of Other terms within 1 to 2 business days.